In Michigan, there is no need to get state certified to function in diagnostic medical sonography. Nevertheless, if you don't have at least a basic sonography or ultrasound credentials, you will find it very difficult to get ultrasonography work. So, if you want to function in diagnostic medical sonography, you'll need to have accomplished a program from one of the ultrasound tech colleges in Michigan to show you have the proper expertise.
In terms of diagnostic medical sonography coaching, the body responsible for providing official certification is the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs also commonly referred to as CAAHEP. If you find any ultrasound tech colleges in Michigan offering ultrasound courses that are not specifically noted to be certified, think extremely meticulously before joining. After all, when a sonographer program is not certified, there's a chance that potential employers won't approve it when you submit an application for work.
These ten ultrasound tech schools in Michigan are CAAHEP certified for giving diagnostic medical sonography schooling, coaching and knowledge:
* Baker College of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, Michigan.
* 1500 University Drive, Auburn Hills, MI 48326.
* Baker College of Owosso - Owosso, Michigan.
* 1020 S Washington Street, Owosso, MI 48867.
* Delta College - University Center, Michigan.
* 1961 Delta Road, University Center, MI 48710.
* Ferris State University - Big Rapids, Michigan.
* 200 Ferris Drive, Big Rapids, MI 49307.
* Grand Valley State University - Grand Rapids, Michigan.
* 301 Michigan Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
* Henry Ford Hospital - Detroit, Michigan.
* 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202.
* Jackson Community College - Jackson, Michigan.
* 2111 Emmons Road, Jackson, MI 49201.
* Lansing Community College - Lansing, Michigan.
* 3100 B Health & Human Service Careers, Lansing, MI 48901.
* Oakland Community College - Southfield, Michigan.
* 22322 Rutland Drive, Southfield, MI 48075.
* Providence Hospital and Medical Center - Southfield, Michigan.
* 16001 West Nine Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48075.
The aforementioned 10 colleges are the only CAAHEP accredited ultrasound tech schools in Michigan approved to give ultrasound technician programs.
Michigan is a lively and fast developing state. It's the 8th most populated state within the whole United States, as well as the eleventh biggest with regard to area. The main urban center in Michigan is Detroit, with more than 720,000 residents making it the eighteenth largest city within the US Having a continuously expanding human population, Michigan provides huge job possibilities for sonographers and ultrasound technicians - especially in the cities of of Detroit, Grand Rapids, Warren, Sterling Heights and Lansing. And to help contend with demand, there are many great ultrasound technician schools in Michigan to look for training with.